PowerBall Quick Pick
South Africa PowerBall
- Quick Pick
There are two ways to select your numbers when playing PowerBall. You can either choose them yourself or opt for a Quick Pick. If you go for a Quick Pick, your numbers will be randomly selected for you. The cost of playing and your odds of winning remain exactly the same regardless of how you play, but there are some pros and cons of using Quick Picks.
- It is a fast and easy way to play a random line of numbers. You just need to mark the Quick Pick box on your betslip, request a Quick Pick selection from the cashier, or select ‘Quick Pick’ at the top of your online ticket. Six numbers will then be generated for you to use in an upcoming draw.
- You may have a better chance of being the only jackpot winner if you use Quick Pick, meaning you won’t have to share the winnings. Many players pick their numbers based on memorable dates or patterns, so if you do the same there is more chance that you will have to share the jackpot. Quick Picks are not influenced by such factors and are completely random, so there is less chance that you will have the same numbers as another player (although it is still possible).
- Playing the same numbers week in, week out can make the game feel a bit stale, which might lead to you not checking your tickets as carefully as you should. What’s more, if you play the same numbers in every draw, there is always the chance that they come up the one week that you forget to enter. Playing Quick Picks keeps the game fresh and avoids the risk of ‘your numbers’ coming up on the occasions that you don’t play.
Saturday January 29th 2022
Time Left to Buy Your Tickets
Estimated US Powerball Jackpot
- You don’t have any control over the numbers that appear on your ticket, so if you do want to use memorable dates, patterns, or meaningful numbers, you will be unable to. Similarly, if you like the idea of basing your selection on statistics from previous draws, this option will not be available to you, as Quick Picks take the choice out of your hands. Check the list of Hot and Cold PowerBall numbers for statistical help when choosing your numbers manually.
- Checking your numbers becomes a bit more of a hassle as you might need to make sure you have your ticket with you to find out if you’ve won. When you play your own numbers each week, you are more likely to remember them so you may find it easier to check whether you’ve won. You can use our ticket checker to find out how many numbers you have matched in recent draws, which makes checking your Quick Picks much easier.
- If you don’t like the numbers you are given, you may have to stick with them. Although returns on lottery tickets should be accepted by the retailer, there are certain conditions that must be adhered to, and if you do not meet them you will be stuck with your ticket. A better option is to use a random number generator to create your next line. This essentially works the same way as a Quick Pick but doesn’t require you to stick with the first line of numbers that you’re given. You can keep generating new lines until you have one you want to play. Give it a go on our Number Generator page.