1. When does the Australia Powerball draw take place?
The draw takes place every Thursday night at 20.30 AEST (21.30 AEDT).↑ To top
2. What time do Australia Powerball ticket sales close?
Ticket sales close at 19.30 AEDT on the night of the draw and re-open shortly afterwards. However, for tickets purchased online, sales can close up to three hours before the draw.↑ To top
3. How do I win playing Australia Powerball?
Australia Powerball prizes are won by matching at least two main numbers and the Powerball. The jackpot is won by matching all six main numbers and the Powerball.↑ To top
4.Can I play Australia Powerball if I do not live in Australia?
Yes, you can choose numbers online and win prizes wherever you live. See the buy tickets page for more information.↑ To top
5. If I win, how long do I have to claim a prize?
You have six months from the date of the draw to claim your Australia Powerball prize in the Northern Territory, Tasmania and Victoria. In Western and Southern Australia, players have 12 months from the date of the draw. If you bought your ticket in New South Wales, prizes must be claimed within six years of the draw date. Players are also advised to check with their local state lottery for more information about claim periods.↑ To top
6. How old do I have to be to play the Australia Powerball?
You must be 18 years or older.↑ To top
7. Are winnings on the Australia Powerball taxable?
Lottery winnings in Australia are tax free, but you may be liable to withholdings in your own country if you are playing from overseas. You are advised to check with a local tax specialist to find out about your potential liabilities.↑ To top
8. Does the Australia Powerball have a minimum guaranteed jackpot?
The minimum jackpot is $3 million.↑ To top
9. Does the Australia Powerball have a rollover limit or jackpot cap?
Australia Powerball doesn't have a rollover cap, therefore it will roll over until it is won.↑ To top
10. What is the biggest jackpot ever won on the Australia Powerball?
To date the biggest jackpot ever seen on the Australia Powerball was $80 million. This was won by two tickets from Victoria and New South Wales on the 30th July 2009.↑ To top
11. When is the next Australia Powerball draw?
The next Australia Powerball draw is on Thu 26th April.↑ To top
12. What does the Australia Powerball jackpot currently stand at?
The next Australia Powerball Lotto jackpot is $.↑ To top
13. Which channel broadcasts the Australia Powerball draw?
The draw is broadcast on TV Channel 7 at approximately 20.30 AEST.↑ To top
14. Where can I find the latest Australia Powerball results?
You can check the latest results on the Australia Powerball Results page, shortly after each draw has taken place.↑ To top
15. What are the odds of winning an Australia Powerball prize?
The odds of winning a division 8 prize in a standard game is 1 in 110 for matching two main numbers and the Powerball. The odds of winning a division 1 prize are 1 in 76,767,600. You can view a full breakdown of the odds of winning in each prize division on the Australia Powerball Prizes page.↑ To top
We noticed you're from USA! Would you like to view the USA Powerball section?Yes, take me there! No thanks